DONATION PROGRAM AT FRIENDSHIP AFRICA
Friendship Africa relies on donations and volunteerism to function. We receive medical equipment, either new or old, as far as they are in working order and serviceable. We also receive medical supplies, like pharmaceuticals and non-pharmaceuticals, even short expiry medicines. Examples of equipment include a surgical theater pack, maternity delivery pack, other portable gargets like pulse oximeters, sonic fetoscopes, BP machines and others. We also receive medical textbooks like the famous BNF. Others include cash donations to fund a certain project like constructing a hospital ward or an operating theatre. We also receive computers (lap tops) which can improve health management information systems in the facilities that we suppport, as well as assisting teachers in teaching.
We have the following donations programs where you can participate:
- Befriend a bed program: this is where someone adopts a bed in one of the hospitals that we support so that she/he can be regularly contributing towards the expenditures relating to the bed.
- Befriend a child program: this is where someone chooses a child from one of our children’s homes to support in any way that they are able
- Befriend a support group program: this is where someone befriends a HIV/AIDS community support group to support them with moral support, finances or other materials
- Befriend a school program: This is where someone becomes a friend to one of the schools we support to encourage the students and teachers and also support in any way that they can
- Befriend a hospital: This is where someone becomes very close to one of the hospitals we support for volunteerism, material or even financial support to for example fund a hospital project.
If you are able to participate in one of these projects, please write to us